I would like to receive communications updates from Fundraising Regulator

Search Fundraising Regulator:

Charities registered in England, Wales or Northern Ireland?

Registered charities are those that are registered with either the Charity Commission for England and Wales or Charity Commission for Northern Ireland and have a registered charity number.

Non-registered charities in England, Wales or Northern Ireland

Non-registered charities are generally exempted charities that have an HMRC gift aid reference number.

FR Maintenance

Apologies. This webpage is currently undergoing maintenance and will be back up shortly. Please complete the Contact Us enquiry form or ring 0300 999 3407 if you need assistance.

Commercial Businesses & Not-For-Profit Companies

Commercial Businesses and Community Interest Companies (CICs) offering professional fundraising services to the charitable sector can apply for registration.

These are typically companies who are:

  • Agencies offering telemarketing or face to face fundraising services;
  • Direct marketing agencies
  • Online donation sites and fundraising platforms
  • Crowd funding sites for charities
  • Payroll giving services
  • Commercial clothing collectors
  • Companies exclusively offering fundraising products e.g. charity Christmas cards, affinity sites for purchases

This would not include companies engaged in a promotional charitable venture whose primary purpose isn’t to offer fundraising services or products e.g. a bank offering a donation to charity as part of its account product services.