Job description - Freelancer
Role title: Manager Northern Ireland
Hours: 24 hours per week, 12 month contract
Consultancy fees: day rate to be agreed
Reporting to: Head of Policy
We’re an independent, voluntary body that regulates fundraising across the charitable sector in England, Wales and Northern Ireland. We stand up for best practice in fundraising, in order to protect donors and support the vital work of fundraisers.
We work in partnership with other regulators and the representative bodies in the charitable and fundraising sectors to build public confidence and ensure consistent fundraising standards across the UK.
Reporting to the Head of Policy, the successful candidate will help us to increase our profile in Northern Ireland.
We are looking for an experienced freelance contractor who can commit to working 24 hours per week. Based either at home, or working from shared offices in central Belfast.
This project offers a great opportunity to develop our key messages - maintaining and building public trust and confidence in the important work charities do, across Northern Ireland.
Working with our current team of 20 people in London and the Board Member for Northern Ireland, the successful candidate will be the day-to-day lead for us in Northern Ireland.
- Engaging with the charity sector and individual charities to raise awareness of the our presence and function in Northern Ireland
- Close-working with existing charity sector networks and regulatory bodies
- Attendance (including occasional speaking) at relevant sector conferences, seminars and workshops
- Drafting and disseminating relevant communication materials
- Arranging and attending meetings with charities and other sector bodies
- Close liaison with the Non-Executive Board Member for Northern Ireland (currently Walter Rader)
- Regular contact with our office in London, including occasional travel
- Keeping abreast of key sector developments in Northern Ireland.
How to apply
Please set out in no more than 500 words how you can provide the service required to meet the needs of these key responsibilities, and attach a short (2 pages) CV.
Please send your proposal to email@example.com no later than 5pm on Wednesday 19 June 2019.
Interviews will take place in Belfast on Thursday 4 July 2019.